Signs of unhappy cats
HOW DOES YOUR CAT TELL YOU IT IS NOT HAPPY?
IDENTIFY THE SIGNS THAT YOUR CAT IS FEELING UNEASY:
- Scratching in unwanted places, such as door frames, walls or furniture in your home
- Urine spraying on objects in the home such as walls and furniture.
- Hiding more often than usual (e.g. under your bed, on top of cupboards, in your wardrobe) or avoiding you
- If you have more than 2 cats, fighting between household cats
- A lack of appetite, or not wanting to eat normal food
- Less active than usual.
- Overgrooming, which can lead to hair loss in groomed areas
- Eating more than usual.
All of these signs should be taken seriously as soon as they are detected. They can be subtle or very obvious.
In the absence of an underlying medical issue, these signs are a way for your cat to try and cope with a stressful situation.
No items in the cart