4 Tips To Reassure A Hiding Cat
Try to understand why your cat is hiding
- Recent changes at home (e.g. new furniture, redecorating, moving home)?
- Visitors, new family member, new pet at home?
- Competition or tension with another cat?
- All of these factors are potential sources of stress for your cat. A cat that is feeling stressed is more likely to hide.
Reduce your cat's hiding with FELIWAY Optimum
- Releases "serenity messages" to create a safe and secure environment at home
- Visible improvements in the first week of use
- Use continuously for at least one month
- Refill every month as needed
Cats need to hide
- Provide multiple cat hiding spots (cardboard boxes, baskets, open cupboards etc)
- Make sure these places are easily accessible areas whenever your cat may choose to use them. Remember cats like elevated areas!
- Cats like their space; respect their decision to hide away and leave them undisturbed
Consult your vet
- In some cases, an underlying illness may be causing your cat to hide, such as pain
- If signs persist, consult your vet