5 Expert Tips to help cats cope with home changes
Most cats hate change
- Your cat likes everything to be 'just so'
- Changes, even small ones such as moving furniture, can be upsetting for your cat
- Releases happy messages into your home for 7 days
- Plug FELIWAY Help! 1-2 days (ideally) before the changes or redecoration are planned where your cat will spend most of their time, and leave plugged in for 7 days
- Suitable for an area up to 50 m2 (approx 2 bed house)
Try to keep your cat's space the same
- Make sure your cat has a quiet room they can retreat to, away from the changes
- Have elevated and/or hiding places in this room for your cat
- Ensure your cat's resources (water, food, litter tray and scratching post) are still accessible
- Make sure moved or new items are stable and not likely to fall and hurt your cat
- Be aware of dangerous substances ythat may be harmful to your cat should not get on their coat, in their eyes or lick/swallow
Redecoration and renovation can create loud noises
- Your cat should be able to retreat to a quiet room away from the noise
- If you are playing music as you work, consider playing music your cat finds soothing at a moderate volume, or using headphones!