BALD PATCH ON CAT! HERE IS HOW TO HELP
Why is your cat overgrooming?
Check your cat's health
- Medical conditions, in particular skin diseases, can cause excessive grooming and hair loss. It's best to check with your vet first
Help your cat feel good with FELIWAY Optimum
- Releases “serenity messages”’ to create an environment where your cat feels safe and secure
- Results seen visibly within the first 7 days of use
- Use FELIWAY Optimum continuously for at least 30 days
Follow our “Tips for happy indoor cats”
- Play with your cat, even for a few minutes, every day
- Provide multiple toys, your cat will choose their favourite
- Provide climbing opportunities (cat tree, shelves) to keep your cat active
As seen on TV
Recommended by vets
+ 1 million Facebook likes
+ 25 years of expertise
Discover how FELIWAY helped these cats groom less
WHY DO CATS OVER-GROOM?
Cats losing hair everywhere in the home is normal. Cats are natural self-groomers. In fact, they spend up to 25% of their lives grooming themselves. Over-grooming is an issue when it causes hair loss. You'll see an area, commonly the belly or on the front leg, with what looks like short, stubbly hair. In most cases, you will not see your cat licking, chewing or hair pulling. Most of them over-groom at night or when you're away.
Over-grooming can have either a medical or an emotional cause.
If your cat has chronic skin issues, or if you recently changed your cat’s food, this excessive grooming may be an indication of underlying medical issues. Please consult with your veterinarian.
Over-grooming might also be caused by emotional distress. Many things can lead to your cat feeling less secure in their environment, such as:
- Recent changes at home: moving, adding new furniture, remodeling, new baby in the family
- Another pet in the home or nearby: cats don’t like sharing resources like litter box, food bowls, etc…
- Recent changes in your routine: has your usual schedule changed leading you to be busier and less available?
Using FELIWAY Optimum may help restore your cat’s beauty, and keep your cat feeling comfortable and happy.